Best Large Outdoor Cat Enclosure - Keep Kitties Safe

If you are a cat owner, like myself, their safety is of concern.

The problem with most cats, is their born nature to be outside.  The problem with this, of course is the dangers they face especially at night.  I had a cat for years that would stay in the house and sleep all day only to be freaking out at the door to go out at night.  It can be hard to keep them in, but the dangers are so real.  I have been doing a lot of research and found these.

Best Large Outdoor Cat Enclosures for the Money by Review


✅  Trixie Outdoor Cat Home


The above would be a definite investment, but I found there were many good reviews.  Older cats love to sit in the cubby holes, and the younger ones can still have room to play.  I would give them lots of toys to keep them busy, but if you have the room in your yard, or even on your back deck, this is one way to let your kitties outdoors but keeping them safe.  You can get this in different sizes.  I think the largest is 6 x 3 feet.  Worth checking out.  

✅  Large Outdoor Cat Enclosure


This one doesn't have the same hide out areas the first one has but it does have lots of shelves that my cats would love to sit on.  My cats love to sit up high.

✅   Four Level Cat Home


Be careful and mindful of where the sun is shining so they don't get overheated.  This one is more portable and could be moved indoors and outdoors depending on the weather.  Under a covered porch they would love it.


✅   Cat Teepee System



You can add to the teepee system with tunnels.  This is something you could build over time depending on your budget, but it looks like fun for the kitties.

Find a Way to Make them Safe

I love my cats and I cringe every time someone opens the door and my cat is lurking.  I think the stress levels would subside if I can add a large outdoor cat enclosure to my back patio so that I can take my cats outdoors and they can stay out with me or whenever they want to hang out.

Just be careful of placement for those super hot days or super cold days.  Most have a roof on them but still that hot sun can be too much, and on those days they are quite happy to stay indoors with the air conditioning.

I love that they can still play in the grass.  It might not be the "wild and free" but a nice compromise!

✅  Cat Passage Screen Door



This door is designed for cats, so that if you rig up your outdoor cat enclosure just right with maybe a tunnel, your cat can come and go as it pleases!  




                                      (Muffin and her daytime napping in my "in basket".)

So Many Dangers for Cats and Birds!


If you live in the countryside as I did, coyotes were the largest danger at night, and in the city, cars, dogs, and other cats pose a problem.  Finding a missing cat on the side or the road is heart breaking and traumatizing.

Also I have many bird feeders and love to feed birds and squirrels.  I was beginning to think I was attracting the birds for my cats to hunt.  Keeping my birds safe as well as my cats has taken some creativity, but I think I am ready to invest in one of these outdoor enclosures.


But what can you do?  You could fence and screen your entire yard, but that is not practical.  I have been researching and questioning other cat owners on just how to keep them safe but let them feel the warmth and fresh air of outside.  Cat enclosures, is the path I ended up on.

Your cat may not find this "ideal" but better than staring out the living room window or plotting a way to get out the front door!


Make Your Own Outdoor Cat Enclosure

If you head over to You tube, there are loads of videos for making your own, but I prefer a kit of some sort such as the above one especially for my climate.  You have to decide whether you want them to simply jump out a window straight into the enclosure or whether you will simply take them to it yourself.  I wanted a stand alone product that would be able to house my 3 cats.  I don't want to take up the entire yard, but I would like it to compliment it, and I thought this would work.

Want Something That Looks Good

I saw many online that too me were too tiny.  I want room for my cats to enjoy some fresh air and places to hide and sleep.  The one above has cubby holes and places to hide and sleep.






                                                      My 3 cats waiting to get outside!


Neuter and Spay Your Cat


This is one way to keep them close in your yard if you are not planning an enclosure.  By being "fixed" the urge to find other cats diminishes, but there are still dangers everywhere.

I started this blog creative life tips, to find affordable and different ways to approach lifes little problems and glitches along the way.   I hope you have enjoyed this post and are inspired to create an awesome outdoor home for your cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Clean Yellowed Pillows

 When changing my bedding, I started to notice the "yellowing" on my pillows when I took off the pillow cases. It turns out it is ...