How to Clean Yellowed Pillows

 When changing my bedding, I started to notice the "yellowing" on my pillows when I took off the pillow cases.

It turns out it is a combo of sweat, salvia, oils and all sorts of gross things our bodies do at night.  It is especially noticeable on the pillows.  Note:  My pillows are the foamed filled ones.

I found two ways that work, it all depends on how big an area you are trying to clean.

If you have a smaller spot, or are willing to using some elbow grease, this homemade formula works super well with a tooth brush.

Homemade Pillow Cleaner

Equal parts:

Dawn dish soap

Hydrogen Peroxide 

Mix together and with a clean tooth brush, and circular motion, attack the stain.  Then rinse or wash the pillow in machine.

Best way if Bigger Yellow Areas

oxi-clean  (the powder worked best for me)

Washing Machine

Method:

1. Put a good helping of oxi-clean in the washing machine.

2.  Put machine on a "soak" setting for between 2-4 hours or even overnight if bad.

3.  Then fill machine with "hot water" setting and your favorite detergent.

4.  Wash as normal

5.  Dry in dryer

The stains were gone.  I had one bad pillow that I did a repeat of the process, but the other 3 came out super white and clean.  I washed all 4 pillows together.

I feel better using them, and there was no need to throw them out!

Pillows can get expensive!

Hope this helps!

Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Clean Yellowed Pillows

 When changing my bedding, I started to notice the "yellowing" on my pillows when I took off the pillow cases. It turns out it is ...