How to Frame a Jigsaw Puzzle Without Glue and No Mess

After receiving a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle last Christmas, I was really hesitant about breaking it up and putting it back in the box.



Vincent Van Gogh - Wheat Field With Cypresses Jigsaw Puzzle

Originally my idea was "enjoy the puzzle then let someone else enjoy it".  But as the hours and days passed slowly getting pieces in the right place, I became a bit more selfish about the idea of letting someone else have it!  Plus I love Vincent Van Gogh Art!

I researched many ways on how to display a jigsaw puzzle and was not thrilled with the idea of literally pouring glue over the picture.  I am sure it would be fine, but I just didn't want to mark the front of the puzzle at all.

How to Display a Jigsaw Puzzle

After much research I discovered many ways to display a jigsaw, and one was to use resin, which I am all thumbs, and as nice as it looked encased in a glass like substance, it was just not for me.

You can get specialized puzzle glue, but really it is very similar to white glue or modge podge which still gets poured on the front and the back..  Too messy for me!

Jigsaw Puzzle Sheets - Peel and Stick Puzzle Saver

I came across the idea of these sheets on a YouTube video, which I have posted below:

How to Frame a Jigsaw Puzzle Video:



This guy simply used the right sized frame and with the help of these puzzle sheets, he was then able to place it into the frame without putting anything on the front of the picture.  This basically keeps it stable.  Check out the Puzzle Sheets Below:

Watch the video, and see just how easy this is. NOTE: If like me, you simply did you puzzle on a table instead of a separate piece of foam core or cardboard, you can slide your puzzle onto a board just like he did in the video. But it is also nice to have an extra pair of hands especially if your jigsaw is large. You can use frames like he did from your local hobby store, or you can also get them online specifically for puzzles. You can get the puzzle sheets and the frame together as a kit, as pictured above.

Displaying a Jigsaw Puzzle

This is an awesome way to show off your hard work.  You can do this with any puzzle, including kids ones.  Some of the pictures are quite unique and would be nice to display.  I simply did not like the idea of spreading icky glue all over the front and then letting it dry for hours then turning it over an doing the back.

I figure the less you handle the puzzle the better.  Plus I am all thumbs, so this is the route I am taking.  The Puzzle saver sheets and a frame.

Jigsaw Puzzles have made a HUGE Come Back

As electronics and video games came to be, adult puzzles tended to be collecting dust on the games shelf, but after much research it has been noted that adults can create new pathways in their brains by trying something new and making it work such as with all kinds of puzzles.

But if you are a dedicated crossword puzzler, why not try your hand at a jigsaw?  Something different where your brain has to work a bit.

I think after this puzzle, and the hours it took,  I may have developed 6 lane highways in my brain instead of just pathways!!😄

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Clean Yellowed Pillows

 When changing my bedding, I started to notice the "yellowing" on my pillows when I took off the pillow cases. It turns out it is ...