Pet ID Tags - My Dog Was Saved that One Sunday Morning - ID Tags for Dogs - Best Purchase I Ever Made

ID Tags for Dogs

Our pets are part of the family, and we never felt so horrible as the day we lost our dog Sasha.

Sasha simply never ran away.  You could be outside either sitting or working and she would simply lay nearby and watch us.

But one fall Sunday, something intrigued her.  We are still not sure what it was... but we simply turned around and she was no longer there.  We had been raking leaves, and I saw her then I didn't.

My Stomach Lurched and I felt Horrible and Anxious

My hubby looked in the house, nothing, around the outside, nothing, checked the neighbours and nothing.

She loved to sleep in the garden (as pictured!)

My legs were shaking, until I went inside the house to grab our car keys and saw the telephone flashing.  We had a message.  I almost didn't stop to find out, but something told me to check the message.

Something Told me to Check the Phone Message...

It was the old age home down the back of our street.  They had found a friendly dog on the sidewalk in front of the place and instantly saw my bright pink custom dog tag with her name and a phone number.

I had just purchased it the day before!!

Personalized Dog Tags for Pets - Inexpensive and Worth Every Penny!

The maintenance man who found her wandering and scared, saw it right away.  He said, the problem with the town tags, is that there is nobody there on a Sunday, and now you are faced with caring for a strange dog overnight, which is not always possible for most people.

Do NOT Depend on the Town Dog License, or Even the Rabies Tag to Get Your Dog or Cat Home..

My dog Sasha, had the town tag and the Veterinarian tag with her proof of rabies which is required in this town, but there is no way of instantly finding the owner.  We could have spent a totally sleepless night looking for our beloved pet.

I was so thankful that I had checked the message and picked her up right away.  She was so happy to see us!

The guy, said he simply held her collar, and got out his cell phone.  That quick!!!

My Hubby Thought it Was a Waste of Money When I Placed it on Sasha... He Has Now Changed His Mind!

For under 5 bucks, get one of these personalized dog tags for pets.  Get it in a bright color, something that will stand out.  The only mistake I made was putting my landline only on the tag.  I should have put my cell phone number, or both.

Put your Cell Number First

This is super important to put phone numbers on where a person can reach you.  If you are out looking for your pet, you won't be at home to answer the phone, so put your cell number first.

I had purchased it at the local pet shop, but you don't even have to do that.  I have found them cheaper online.  I purchased a bright red one and attached it to her collar.

Our Pets are Family, they mean so much to us all.  But they are still animals, and yes, even the most obedient and friendly dog will walk away and get lost.   The best insurance is to have a quick way of being found.  Not everyone will take the time to try and phone the town or the Veterinarian especially after hours or on a Sunday.

Pet ID Tags that Look Like a License

I love the simple shape with a name and phone number, but as I searched for some tags online for my cats, I noticed these really cool license style tags.  You can get them for whatever State you live in.  You get a license card and a tag for their collar.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE consider a Pet ID tag, it will be the best 5 bucks you ever spent!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Clean Yellowed Pillows

 When changing my bedding, I started to notice the "yellowing" on my pillows when I took off the pillow cases. It turns out it is ...