How to Open Hard Plastic Packaging - With a Can Opener

For Christmas I received some art supplies, that were packaged in those hard plastic sealed packages that are so hard to get into!  Also known as "clamshell" packaging.

I managed to cut myself on this hard plastic when I used the scissors, which bled like crazy!  I knew there were openers you could purchase, but was there a way to open them with something you probably have in your home already?

YES.  Your trusty can opener!

It has to be a portable can opener as pictured, not the electric one that sits on your counter.

If you are tired of trying to get into this style of packaging referred to as 'CLAMSHELL PACKAGING"  then check out this video below on just how to use your can opener.


Clamshell Packaging is Awesome at Protecting Your Products, but....

But when it comes to opening them, they can be downright dangerous!  Sometimes you get lucky and are able to get a corner open and then yank the entire packaging just in time to watch your product go flying out of the container.

That trusty can opener now has a second job!  If you don't own one, this is a worthwhile investment as opening cans and now clamshell packaging make it a useful item to have.  You can get an awesome one online with great reviews or click on the picture at the beginning of this post.  I just replaced mine as they do tend to get dull after a while.

If you are a Gadget Lover....

Maybe you prefer to have a gadget that is strictly for blister packs and clamshell packs, so yes, you can get these online too.



These are perfect if you get a lot of things in those hard plastic containers or packaging. But if like me, you simply wanted to open the nice gift that was given to you or you purchased for yourself, then go to the kitchen drawer and haul out that trusty can opener and enjoy your product without blood!

There is no Reason to Cut Yourself Anymore!

After I saw this video, I was quite excited to try this out, and yes it works!  So I just felt I needed to share this tidbit, since my blog is about "life hacks" and creative ways to make life easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Clean Yellowed Pillows

 When changing my bedding, I started to notice the "yellowing" on my pillows when I took off the pillow cases. It turns out it is ...