How to Upcycle Old Pans - Creative Kitchen Decor on the Cheap

I don't know about the rest of you, but I decided as this pandemic lock down continued, it was time to clean out my kitchen cabinets, especially the pots and pans.

As it turns out I had lots of those "non stick" frying pans that had seen better days, but for some reason were still here!

I didn't like the idea of just throwing them out.  I came across this awesome video by Kitty Ideas on upcycling them into works of art for the kitchen.

Check it out:




Get Your Creativity Mojo Moving!

You are not restricted to napkins for this project and you can decorate either side of the pan with craft supplies.  If you don't have enough craft supplies, they are readily available online as many stores including Amazon deliver quickly right now.

Don't have any Napkins with Pictures?  Print off some old photos!

You are not restricted to paper napkins!  I was thinking you could print out random photos in black and white and cut and paste them to the pan as a collage?

Ideas:

Pet photos
Grandparent gift filled with pictures of the grandkids
Mother's Day last minute gift idea
Get pictures online at Pixabay.com  of anything you want.
Ideas are endless.

Materials:


  • Rubbing alcohol or some kind of degreaser so the paint will stick
  • Acrylic craft paints or left over house paint.
  • Decopage Glue (such as Mod Podge) or white craft glue mixed 50/50 with water.
  • Pictures or Designs or even just stamp designs on if you have stamps.
  • Varnish to protect your work and to make it shiny.


Look Around Your House for Supplies

You might be amazed at just what you find.  But if you don't have many, order some online.
Most house paints are water based, so they could be used too.  But if you want the kids to be involved, having lots of colors to use would be best with acrylic paint sets.

This is an Awesome Way to Decorate the Kitchen and Keep Old Pans out of the Landfill

Perfect craft for one of those "what can I do now" moments if you are at home with your kids.  I have done a lot of organizing of rooms, especially the closets, but until the donation boxes open up again, I can't donate them!

Why Not Make a Memento Of This Time Together?

It is not an ideal situation right now, but if we try to find the positives, maybe it is spending more time together.  Having the time to get creative instead of stressed and recycling and upcycling household goods!

Stay safe everyone.




No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Clean Yellowed Pillows

 When changing my bedding, I started to notice the "yellowing" on my pillows when I took off the pillow cases. It turns out it is ...