Easy Homemade Dog Treats - 5 Ingredients



As I wandered the aisles of the Pet Store, I was surprised at just how expensive dog treats were.

It all adds up and I didn't recognize all of the ingredients!

I decided it was time to try making my own homemade dog biscuits.

After a few attempts, I have found what I consider to be the perfect dog treat recipe and chances are you have these ingredients on hand right now.

Our dog absolutely loves cheddar cheese, so these worked out quite well.

CHEESE DOG BISCUIT RECIPE

1 x Beef or chicken bouillon cube

1/2 cup hot water (to dissolve the cube)

1 x egg

1-1/4 cup flour

1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Method:

Step 1 - Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.

Step 2 - Dissolve cube in the 1/2 cup of hot water

Step 3 - Measure flour into a mixing bowl

Step 4 - Add the bouillon water mixture and egg to the flour

Step 5 - Mix well

Step 6 - Add in shredded cheese

Step 7 - Knead until a ball forms (about 3 minutes or so)

Step 8 - On a lightly floured board, roll out dough to approx 1/4 inch thick

Step 9 - Cut into shapes.  I didn't have a shaped cutter so I used a shot glass to make round circles.

Step 10- Line a cookie pan with parchment paper and place biscuits about 1/2 inch apart.

Step 11- Bake for 20-30 minutes - until lightly brown.

I prefer the dog biscuits to be crunchy, so I left them sit on the baking sheet until they were completely cooled.   I then placed them in a cookie tin just for our dog Kahlua.

As you can see by the picture, I used a shot glass to shape them as I didn't have a bone shaped cutter.  But they turned out so well that is my next investment!

She totally enjoyed them.  So for my next batch I invested in a bone shaped cutter for the homemade dog treats.

Perfect Gift Ideas for the Dog Lovers on Your List

Creating your own gifts, not only saves money, but shows that you care.  It takes time to create gifts, so start early and you could present these in small cookie jars or tins from the dollar tree or decorate your own tin.

Create Different Shapes

You can get super cute dog treat shape cutters that can make your gift super cute.

After the first time I made them, it became very easy to make more.

You can change up the flavors by adding different cheeses such as a sharp cheddar instead of medium, or use whole grain flour instead of white.

I also have a super cool Peanut Butter Dog Biscuit Recipe if you would prefer just CLICK HERE and see it.

How to Make a Dog Treat Jar - Using Dollar Store Supplies

Check out this video to get cool ideas for a treat jar that looks awesome on your counter or perfect for gifts filled with the above treats that you have made.


This should get the creative juices flowing.  You don't need to spend a lot to give your dog or loved ones dogs nice treats and their own treat jar.

Don't forget about the pets when it comes to gift giving or even a hostess gift especially if they are super dog lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Clean Yellowed Pillows

 When changing my bedding, I started to notice the "yellowing" on my pillows when I took off the pillow cases. It turns out it is ...