Birds Custard Powder Chocolate Surprise - Super Fast Easy to Make Yummy Dessert

I had friends over for dinner the other night, and I had worked so hard on the dinner, that I simply did not know what to make for dessert.  Plus dessert making was not one of my strong suits.

I then remembered this dessert I came up with when the kids were younger and thought YES!  I will do that.

Birds Custard Powder Chocolate Surprise - Serves 4

What you will Need :


1 x Bar of Plain Cadbury Milk Chocolate (or Lindt or a good quality chocolate)

1/4 cup Birds Custard Powder (this brand works best)

2 Tablespoon plain white sugar

2 Cups of Milk (I used 2% but you could use almond milk or something else)

A few berries for garnish or chocolate chips or nuts or a mint leaf is nice too.

Method:

Looks awesome served in clear dessert glasses but whatever you have

Step 1 - Take your 4 Dessert glasses and fill with at least 3-4 squares of the chocolate each.

Step 2 - Make your custard (following container directions)  You have to keep stirring this, so don't leave it.

Step 3 - Once it is bubbling and thick, carefully pour over the chocolate pieces in your 4 containers.

Note:  Usually works out to about 1/2 cup of custard per glass.

Step 4 - THAT IS IT!   Do NOT stir, just let it sit.

This is best served just slightly warm.  So what I did is make it just before I served dinner, and left them on the counter.

The beauty of this dessert is that it tastes like vanilla custard and then suddenly you get a melted chocolate surprise.  Your guests think they are just getting custard until their spoon hits that melted surprise.

My guests were super excited as they couldn't see the chocolate pieces in the bottom.  I added a few blueberries and raspberries that I had on top for a garnish, but you could also add whipped cream or even ice cream or just a mint leaf.

This is such as easy dessert to make.  The hardest part is staying at the stove and stirring.  But it will burn easy, other than that it is super quick and tastes awesome!

Use up Holiday Chocolates

I actually created this dessert when the kids were younger and our counter top was full of those little Halloween Chocolates.  I started off using the Cadbury plain chocolate ones, but then experimented with some of the other treats.

I find if you don't stir, you don't mix the 2 flavors.  I like them separate, and it creates the surprise.  Works super well with those Lindor balls of Chocolate too.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Clean Yellowed Pillows

 When changing my bedding, I started to notice the "yellowing" on my pillows when I took off the pillow cases. It turns out it is ...