Upcycled Magazine - DIY Magazine Bowl - Super Cool Way to Recycle and Create Art

After having a good clean out in my home, I ended up with a pile of old magazines.

I was about to pitch them into the blue bin, when I decided to research ways to possibly recycle them and make them into something pretty!

I found this Video, and I thought this was a super cool way to use old magazines.  It would be a great project to do while watching TV, relaxing to music, or to de-stress!  Check it out!

Cool Looking Art Deco Bowl!

I didn't think this bowl would be strong enough for anything, but there is actually a lot of strength in those rolled up tubes. Personally I would always use the white glue as I find glue guns don't always stick that well, but that is just my personal opinion.

Coasters

You could actually just create the base they way she did in the bowl and stop there.  Add a good couple of layers of the white glue or use mod podge to seal it, and you could use them for drink coasters.

DIY Magazine Crafts

There are lots of ways to reuse these magazine pages, as I discovered surfing through Youtube.  The above is just one example, but I did think it was the prettiest idea.  You could sit this on a table as an art deco piece or you could use it as a fruit bowl.

Once glued they are very strong.  The bowl above will keep at least one or two magazines out of the landfill.  Even recycling takes energy, so the more you can deal with magazines the better.  Try finding a home for them first, such as at Doctor's waiting rooms, or mechanic waiting rooms, as they tend to have bad selections of reading material!

After that, start getting creative!  I find this mesmerizing rolling pages.

DIY Recycled Magazine Art

Here is another novel idea.  If you want to make some art for your wall but don't feel very creative, you can roll up magazines and follow this idea.



This craft doesn't require you to roll up the pages, but to simply create strips.  You can use a paper shredder for this idea or a ruler and tear strips.  This can then be framed.  Would be a great recycling craft for all ages.

You could make the silhouette as detailed as you want.  You wouldn't think it was magazine pages.

There are so many ways to get creative with recycling everyday products into works of art.  Give it a try!


No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Clean Yellowed Pillows

 When changing my bedding, I started to notice the "yellowing" on my pillows when I took off the pillow cases. It turns out it is ...