How to Organize Christmas Ornaments - Ornament Organizers Will Keep Your Treasures Safe

I really don't know how it happens sometimes, but I store my box of Christmas decorations, tree and ornaments under the stairs safely and yet somehow when it comes time to set up Christmas, many are broken or missing.

Yes there are other things that get thrown under the stairs, but I realized that as long as they can touch each other, the risk of breakage increases, especially with vintage ornaments or even those handmade ones the kids did years ago.

Ornament Organizer

They don't have to be just for Christmas, many people have ornaments for other holidays including Easter, so keeping them safe is important.

You can make your own ornament organizer by using the liquor store boxes that separate out wine bottles, but I found that the cardboard can become musty down the road.  So I hopped online and found actual ornament organizer storage boxes and ideas that are worth the investment.



Stay Away from Cardboard to Store Your Ornament Treasures Cardboard just goes musty and loses its stiffness over time.

There are fabric boxes you can get too, but for me the good old plastic idea works the best. I love the idea of this product because it separates your treasures and will protect them from dampness and mildew especially if you store them in the basement during all the seasons.

You can get additional trays and they click together. 

So this year as I get the Christmas ornaments out, I am going to invest in one of these ornament organizers to keep my treasures safe as I have many glass ones I want to keep and pass down.  Christmas is a time of memories for many people and the tree becomes a personal trip down memory lane of past Christmases.

How to Make a Gorgeous Christmas Ornament

Click on the title to find out how to add to your memories with your very own homemade globe ornament, then store them properly and they will be ready for the next Christmas.

Start to Organize Your Ornaments as You Take them out this Year

This year as you get your Christmas decorations out, take the extra time to inspect and save the good ornaments and get rid of broken ones, and then get rid of those mismatched boxes you have that are falling apart and invest in a decent organizer to protect your treasures.

Figure out just how much space you need, and get the right amount of trays of this product to click together.  They will all be in one spot next year.

Storage for at Least 11 Months of the Year!

They are stored for at least 11 months of the year, so it is super important they be kept safe and easy to find rather than in numerous different boxes, that sometimes go missing.  I remember in our last move, some boxes were simply crushed and dropped.  I am slowly reorganizing just how I store my seasonal decor!  This way my important treasures are not trusted to that under the stairs shelf wrapped simply in an old cardboard box!



No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Clean Yellowed Pillows

 When changing my bedding, I started to notice the "yellowing" on my pillows when I took off the pillow cases. It turns out it is ...