How to Make a Snow Globe Ornament - Easy Christmas Crafts - Timeless Treasures

Creating your own Christmas ornament crafts is a fun way to created treasures to be enjoyed for Christmas's to come and to create memories.  You could also put pictures inside of these for something different.

I came across this really cool video on just how to create these waterless snow globe ornaments with supplies you may already have at home or can be quickly ordered thru Amazon.  I have some links below the video for some supplies you may not have.  NOTE:  The Aleene's Tacky Glue is Awesome for the Glitter.


Waterless Snow Globe Ornament

What You Will Need:

Clear Plastic fillable ornament ball
Buffalo Snow Flakes
extra fine glitter in dark blue, black and white
tacky glue
miniature pieces such as Christmas trees or whatever you have around the house.
tiny shaped glitter
glue gun


As you can see you can get a lot of supplies on Amazon. These are a great craft for older kids as well as adults. You can make them as detailed as you want. The crafter uses glue for plastic models to hold the ornament together at the end, but I have found the glue gun does well at holding these together or the tacky glue as they dry clear. I prefer to use mine just as Christmas ornaments rather than shake them about.

Awesome Christmas Gifts for Under 5 Bucks

Especially if you do a few at the same time.  Set up your table with a plastic sheet and have some fun.  I have some old little wooden ornaments that don't hang anymore and thought they would look good in one of these snow globes.

Personalize for a Friend or as a Hostess Gift

You could create any kind of scene.  I love the night time look but could fill it with tiny trees which you can get online or something personable that your friend or loved one would love.  I plan on sending one to my daughter who has moved away and will be the first Christmas not home.

Use the Aleene's Tacky Glue for the Glitter

I am not just saying that to sell it, but it works much better than those glitter/glue combos you can get in the craft store.  You want a thick layer of the glue and be liberal with the glitter as you can see in the video.

Make sure you do it over a paper towel or something that you can pour the excess sprinkles back into the jar.  You can make a lot of these ornaments in one sitting!




No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Clean Yellowed Pillows

 When changing my bedding, I started to notice the "yellowing" on my pillows when I took off the pillow cases. It turns out it is ...