Over the Sink Shelf Kitchen - Find Extra Space for Under 50 Dollars - Top Five

If you have a small or compact kitchen or you simply have run out of cabinet and shelf space, there is a surprising place to find extra space that actually looks good!  It gets things off the counter to give you more room  and is under 50 dollars!.

In a hurry?  Maybe just Curious?  Check out the best over the sink shelves

As this is something I am interested in, I did some research into using this space behind the faucet.  You wouldn't think there would be enough room, but it is surprising just what fits when it is specially designed for that space.  They are designed to not interfere with the faucets with their height.

Chrome and Wood Over the sink shelf

After research I found the top five (in my opinion) that give you the most for the buck.  Meaning they have space and looks good at the same time as well as under 50 dollars.  No point in just jamming things in there you want this shelving unit to look nice too!

I like this one because it is quite simple and straight lines.  It all depends on your decor and what works for you.  I thought this shelf would be a perfect place to house all the sink items such as the dish soap, scrubbers etc.  By getting things off the counter it is much easier to clean, and maybe add a plant like they did.  Check out this piece in action (picture to the right).

If the idea of this simple one works for you and your kitchen and you love the idea of simple lines, chrome and wood, then check the current price and you will be surprised at just what you get for the money without renovating your kitchen to find more space.  I think it looks awesome too.







This is the second most popular right now, and also is under 50 dollars, but the only thing I was not a fan of was the fact it is not a smooth shelf, it is open.

You can still make this one work as it is really cute with the scroll work, but you would need to get tiny baskets from the dollar store to put any smaller items in.  If you like to take your rings off for example, then you will need to have a little bowl just for them that can sit on this shelf, but it is expandable which will make it fit any kitchen.



If you love the look of stainless steel and especially if you have stainless appliances, this would look cool. Although not advertised as an over the sink shelf for kitchen, it does have the height. It would look good anywhere on your counter to give you extra space. It is stackable and also a good price.  Check out the current price now to see for yourself.

Dish Drying Rack Over Sink Display Stand Drainer Stainless Steel Kitchen Supplies Storage Shelf Utensils Holder (Black)


If you are seriously short of storage, then this one is the ultimate. It can house not only the dish soap and associated supplies, but it can also hold your cutting board, cooking utensils and more..

I personally would probably get the paper towels wet being that close to the sink, but I would use that space for a tea towel or to hang the dish cloth instead of a damp heap in the sink.  I lover the idea of rinsing a cup and simply hanging it there ready for use.  I really quite like this one too.


 Black Metal Scrollwork and Expandable Black Metal Scrollwork and Expandable

This one has many good reviews too. It actually stands quite tall and is expandable which is great if you have an awkward sized space or sink.
As long as your faucets are coming out of the counter you can fit an over the kitchen sink shelf. You may not think there is the room but you will be surprised. I was concerned these would simply look cluttery, but they don't.

It all depends on the tastes. If you love the idea of metal in your kitchen, like the one above, check out the photo of this one is use.

I personally am not a fan of the open shelf style, but it does seem to work nicely.

This model also has a tiny basket for all your sink accessories, which is a brilliant idea.

Best Over the Sink Organizer for Me?


I personally like the very first one, It has a wood shelf so I can place smaller items on it, and it is sleek and clean lines.  I just prefer the idea of a long single shelf over the sink area.

But as you can see there are quite a few to choose from.  These in my opinion are the top 5 for the money, function and good looks.


Trying to Find Kitchen Storage on a Budget


I have to watch my budget and so I try to utilize the dollar store the best I can when it comes to different ways of using every square inch to the best of my abilities to keep my kitchen functioning.  I hate it when things work their way to the back of cabinets, so many times things stay out on the counter top which of course causes clutter.

Over the Sink Shelves


This is yet one more great idea is a sea of ideas that can help to utilize every square inch that could otherwise be wasted.  These over the sink organizers are exactly that, a way to organize the things you need to keep out on the counter.  I always hated cleaning behind the faucet because of the many bottles and scrubbers that would live there.

If you don't like the top 5 I picked, there is a whole page of them right here that you may be interested in.  Remember shopping online gives you way more product to choose from.  My local store didn't even know what I meant when I mentioned over the sink shelves for the kitchen, she suggested a renovation!

Over the Sink Dish Drying Rack - If you want more than simple shelves over your sink, there is another option if you do your dishes by hand.  Check it out and see just what else can fit over the sink, you will be amazed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Clean Yellowed Pillows

 When changing my bedding, I started to notice the "yellowing" on my pillows when I took off the pillow cases. It turns out it is ...