How to Make Poached Eggs

 I love poached eggs, always have, but when I make them, they look like a sloppy mess as the egg whites go everywhere in the water. 

I have tried all kinds of ways, some people like to have the water moving and others not.  But I am here to say that I finally found what works for me and they actually look restaurant worthy!!

Step 1:  Use a non stick pot  (the best advice)

Step 2:  Fill with a couple of inches of water and add a tiny slosh of white vinegar (helps hold things together)

Step 3:  Heat the water without boiling it. (that might be the trickiest part getting to know the stove) You don't want any movement in the water.

Step 4:  Gently crack the eggs and just at the surface let them quietly slip into the water.  Don't drop them from a distance or they will go everywhere!

Step 5:  Let them stay settled in the bottom of the pot for at least 3 minutes (or more depending on the hardness of yolk you like)

Step 6:  With a non stick slotted spoon gently scoop up the egg and drain on the spoon.

 That is it!!!

I was seriously amazed at how well this worked, and how much of the egg I actually got to see!

You can also invest in egg poachers if you prefer or don't have a non stick pot.  


If you love your eggs, and have stayed away from poached because they are finicky ... give this way a try. For some reason I thought the water had to be moving, but for this process, the stiller the better!

Invest in a Decent Egg Timer


I hope you all try this healthier way to eat eggs. 

 Change up those boiled ones and give poached a try and put them on top of whole grain toast and you have a complete meal! You can also grate a little cheese on top for added flavor.  ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Clean Yellowed Pillows

 When changing my bedding, I started to notice the "yellowing" on my pillows when I took off the pillow cases. It turns out it is ...