How to Get Rid of Fruit Flies Fast

 I love my fruit and I like to keep it at room temperature, so of course, this tends to invite the dreaded fruit flies!  Especially late summer.

There are all kinds of things you can buy, but personally the best and easiest way for me was these two steps.

Step 1 - Apple cider vinegar with a couple drops of dish soap in a little dish on your counter or near where the fruit is living. 

Step 2 - I purchased mesh picnic covers that are kind of cute and cover the fruit bowl.

By doing both of these steps I have completely got rid of those nasty little flies.


You can purchase all kinds of traps, but I found using these 2 steps, they are completely gone. 

 If you don't have any apple cider vinegar, regular white vinegar will work too. I find the smell of the apple cider vinegar actually refreshing in my kitchen. 

 I change out this little dish every few days and they simply disappeared. You don't need a huge dish, just a little candy dish type thing.  

I found using the picnic mesh food covers worked well for the stubborn ones that still give it a try to get to the bananas!

Get Rid of Other Attractions

 I find once the little buggers have got into your kitchen they start looking for other spots such as garbage, or dishes in the sink especially.  

Keep on top of dishes or at least get them into the dishwasher or rinse any food residue off them if they must remain in the sink.

But between the mesh covers and the vinegar dish, you will find them gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Clean Yellowed Pillows

 When changing my bedding, I started to notice the "yellowing" on my pillows when I took off the pillow cases. It turns out it is ...