DIY Lazy Susan to Organize Your Refrigerator


 In my refrigerator, there are tons of bottled sauces, that I still want to keep.  They stay fresh for a long time, but they are taking up a lot of shelf room and I have to drag them all out when I am looking for a particular one.

DIY LAZY SUSAN to the rescue.

If you have one of these, then use it in your refrigerator.  If you don't... you can make you own simple one with a few supplies you may have on hand.

What you will need:

2 x sturdy pie plates the same size..  I used the glass ones I had in my cabinets.. not much of a pie baker so this puts them to good use!

1x bag of standard sized marbles (dollar store) all the same size.

That is it!

Method:

Take the one pie plate, and fill with the marbles in one even layer.

Place the other pie plate on top

The top one will now spin.  The marbles act like ball bearings.

Now clean your refrigerator out and get rid of unused and past the sell by date bottles and sauces.

Place the ones you use the most often on your lazy Susan and now you simply have to spin it around to find what you need.

You could use this set up for anything in your refrigerator.  The goal is to not have things work their way to the back of the fridge and become science projects!

This keeps your fridge organized and you don't repeat purchase things you don't need.  I am loving this!

If you are not into DIY, then you can purchase a lazy Susan online with Amazon below:


These easy to use storage ideas, are not only for your kitchen cabinets but work perfectly in the refrigerator too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Clean Yellowed Pillows

 When changing my bedding, I started to notice the "yellowing" on my pillows when I took off the pillow cases. It turns out it is ...