How to Freeze Fresh Tomatoes Fast No Boiling

If you are seeing a bumper crop of tomatoes this year, then storing them can become a challenge!

Fresh eating tomatoes fresh from the garden are awesome! 

Keep the ones you want to eat fresh on the counter out of the sun for a few days.  The refrigerator zaps all the flavor out so don't put them in there!

But what if you have a bumper crop?


If you visioned days of blanching, canning etc, no need!

You can create fresh bags of frozen tomatoes fast and they are perfect for stews, sauces, stir fries (my favorite use!) and more.

Step 1 - Make sure they are washed, clean and dry

Step 2 - Inspect for any damage or bruises.

Step 3 - Core the top out and cut out any damage.

It is worth investing in a tomato corer tool.  It makes life much easier and wastes less flesh than a knife.  You can get them on Amazon below:

Having this tool makes life much easier!

Step 4 - Start dicing into manageable sizes.  You can freeze tomatoes whole, but I personally prefer to have them diced as she does in the video.  It makes it easier for use in stews and stir fries if they are already diced or chopped.

Step 5 - Place in a labeled freezer bag.  Squeeze as much air out as you can.

THAT IS IT!!

I always saw my gran blanche and can tomatoes but you don't have to!  This works well for any cooking dish you are making. 

Plus they don't take long to thaw.  I used to just dump a bag into my crock pot with a roast right from the freezer.  It is nice to be eating your own fresh veg even into the winter.

ENJOY!  the fruits of your labor into the winter months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Clean Yellowed Pillows

 When changing my bedding, I started to notice the "yellowing" on my pillows when I took off the pillow cases. It turns out it is ...