DIY All Natural Homemade Shampoo

With us all staying at home during this trying time, our hair care routine might be out of whack.

I came across this recipe and video on just how to make homemade shampoo that has no chemicals and is good for your hair and scalp.

If you don't have the ingredients, you can order them online (I get mine at Amazon, links below).

Since haircuts are not happening nor the nice deep conditioning my hairdresser gave me, I found regular store bought shampoos after awhile dry out my hair.  Give this a shot.



You can get coconut milk at the grocery store these days, but you can also order that online if needed.

What you will Need for an All Natural Shampoo that Will Leave Your Hair Shining.


  • 1/3 cup of unsweetened coconut milk (make sure it's the milk and not the oil)
  • 1/3 cup of liquid castile soap
  • 1/3 cup aloe vera organic juice
  • 10 drops of lavender essential oil (to smell nice and help the scalp)


Method:

Mix together, and pour into a clean bottle, or save your last shampoo bottle.

If you keep the ingredients on hand, you could make many batches of this beautiful shampoo that has zero chemicals that strip the hair.


You can also try the grocery store health aisle if you can't get it online.  With the way things are, I am trying to order online as much as I can.

So, if you are presently at home, and would like to pamper yourself with a nice hair treatment, try this homemade shampoo, you won't even need conditioner.

It is amazing just how nice your hair can look (yes I know your style has probably grown out) with this homemade or DIY shampoo.

After the initial investment, this will work out super cheap!  You will never go back to commercial shampoo again.

Stay well and stay safe everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Clean Yellowed Pillows

 When changing my bedding, I started to notice the "yellowing" on my pillows when I took off the pillow cases. It turns out it is ...