Easiest DIY Oven Cleaner - Loosen Tough Grease and Crud and Nice Fresh Smell

I have pretty much tried all the so called "natural oven cleaners" and to tell you the truth, not that good in my oven!  They just never seemed to get rid of what I call the "Crusty Crud".

I still had to scrub hard, and took way too much time, until I came across this one natural, less scrubbing, easier way to get the crud loosened so I could simply wipe clean.

Lemon Bake

Before you hit the back key, thinking... yeah right!!  Check this out, less hands on way to clean the oven.

What you will Need:


  • 3 lemons

  • casserole dish

  • water


Method:

Step 1.  Take your casserole dish and fill it half way with warm water.

Step 2.  Cut the lemons in half

Step 3.  Squeeze the lemons into the dish with water and also add the squeezed lemons themselves.

Step 4.   Bake for an hour at 300 degrees F.

Step 5.  Let the oven briefly cool enough for you to wipe, and start wiping clean.

I truly found this to be an awesome method.

Not only does your house smell nice from the baked lemons, but the steam and oils from the baking lemons just seems to loosen the crud.

I found for this method to work it's best, you need to get at the oven before it totally cools down.  So allow some time for the baking and then cleaning.

I found a sponge worked the best and I just kept wiping the oven walls then rinsing the sponge and wiping again.

I even used the lemon water from the dish on the sponge.

I am telling you this works!

So, give it a try.  You don't get fumigated with toxic oven fumes!

But if you simply don't like the idea of an hour and lemon squeezing, there are some natural products on the market to try with some good reviews.



No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Clean Yellowed Pillows

 When changing my bedding, I started to notice the "yellowing" on my pillows when I took off the pillow cases. It turns out it is ...