DIY Christmas Wreath from Bathroom Shower Scrubbies on the Cheap

Sticking with my Christmas decor theme (on the cheap of course!) I came across this super cool craft that I am going to make right now.

This ultra modern style Christmas wreath using bathroom shower scrubs!

I had no idea there was that much material on those things.  You only need 2 to make this wonderful craft, and the whole family will enjoy it.  Check out the video by Craftcast (its a short one promise!)



What you Will Need:


  • Foam Wreath (online, craft stores etc)
  • 2 x bathroom shower scrubby
  • Christmas Tinsel Pom Poms
  • Glue Gun


Method:

First of all, I had no idea there was this much material on one shower scrub.  But once you pull them apart, not only is there loads of material, but it also forms a tube.

Step 1 - Make a cut in your Styrofoam wreath (so that you can get the material on to it)

Step 2 - Find the string inside the scrubby that is holding it all together and snip it.

Step 3 - Unravel the scrubby and place your hand in the tube of netting and gather it over your arm (like you see in the video).

Step 4 - Place over the wreath from your arm.

Step 5 - Hot glue pom poms to this wreath (or something else lightweight)

Very Lightweight

I love that this wreath is light in weight so that you can hang it without worries.  No heavy hook needed.

Different Colors?

You could use different colors of scrubs, but I personally think the white makes the most impact especially with deep colored pompoms.

You can purchase the scrubs, wreath form and pompoms at any craft store, but you can also purchase them online if you don't have the time.


I thought this was a super cute as well as fast Christmas decoration done on the cheap but does not look cheap. I love the modern look of the white.

If you can find a dark green scrubby that would look good too, but there is something about the look of the white wreath and the colored pompoms with tinsel that just makes this look super festive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Clean Yellowed Pillows

 When changing my bedding, I started to notice the "yellowing" on my pillows when I took off the pillow cases. It turns out it is ...