DIY Halloween Lanterns Using Mason Jars!

I was looking for some cheaper ways to decorate my porch and inside my living room window for upcoming Halloween, when I came across this super cool craft using mason jars.

With a bit of DIY you could make a collection of these on the cheap!  Would be awesome at that Halloween Party too!

I found this video by Charmaine Dulak and she shows you just how it is done.  So check it out!



What You Will Need:

Old mason jars (you can also get online or at the Dollar Store)

Orange tissue paper (also dollar store)

Mod Podge  (or mix white glue 1/2 and 1/2 with water if you don't have this)

Battery Candles  or also known as flameless candles.  (much safer!!) also at the dollar store, or you can get larger amounts online with AMAZON

Assorted brushes for gluing and a covered table for creating the fun!

 Black paint or a sharpie

How to Make:

If using old mason jars, give them a good clean and dry completely.  You want the glue to stick!

As you can see in the video, she has the orange tissue paper cut into squares.  You could simply tear them into smaller sizes to save time as it all gets glued to the glass.

Working in sections stops the glue from drying too soon!

Look online for some face ideas to draw on with the black paint or markers, especially if you want them more intricate, but I love the simplicity of these.

Place the battery flameless candle inside and group them together outside, or in your window for a super cool looking display.

Get the Family Involved!!

I thought this was a super cool family friendly craft (although you are using glass jars, so it should be age appropriate)

I also found some mason jars in the basement.  Check with friends and neighbors.  A super cool way to recycle for your Halloween decorations.

Perfect for the Halloween Party

Turn out the lights and lets these DIY lanterns shine!  Totally get into the mood and create the ambiance, just add some spooky music!




No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Clean Yellowed Pillows

 When changing my bedding, I started to notice the "yellowing" on my pillows when I took off the pillow cases. It turns out it is ...