Lawn Chair Webbing - Retro Lawn Furniture on the Cheap - Less Than 10 Bucks a Chair

When I was a kid, that was the only lawn furniture our family had.

Every spring we would get the folding aluminum webbed lawn chairs out of the shed and hose them down and let them dry in the sun.

But eventually the webbing would become brittle and break and the frame would work it's way to the back of the shed never to be seen again, and new ones would appear.

I personally have found these webbed chairs to be more comfy than many of the modern plastic formed ones, and were always great to take to kids games because they would fold.

If you have any of these aluminum frames kicking around, then get them out, and use one of these webbing kits.

For less than 10 bucks you can resurrect and upgrade a new lawn chair!  Check garage sales, I have seen many there.



How to Re-Web a Lawn Chair

 I found this video that will help.  I also found the webbing kits online (above).  You can get different colors or mix and match for fun.



If you like DIY, then this would be a great project to outfit your patio with affordable lawn chairs as outdoor furniture is getting very expensive.

I love that these will fold and fit in the car easily and ready to go to the beach or the kids games.  If they get wet they dry fast.  Hose them down if they get dirty and as long as you store them away for the winter they will last a few seasons.

Store Easily As they Fold To Take Up Less Space

Retro styles are back as well as shabby chic, and having fun with yard furniture is an awesome way to express your personality and save money!!

Saving money is a good thing.  No reason why you can't enjoy the outdoors this year without breaking the bank.

If you are NOT big on DIY ... but love the idea of the webbed chairs, you can still get them online with Amazon.  Here is one:

I still love the idea of finding them in garage sales but this is another option to re-webbing them yourself. The above one is made in the USA and comes in many different colors.

I love webbed chairs as they don't need cushions and transport or fold easily and dry fast.  Give them a 70s look and feel with multi-colors. 

Have fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Clean Yellowed Pillows

 When changing my bedding, I started to notice the "yellowing" on my pillows when I took off the pillow cases. It turns out it is ...