Recycling Ideas - DIY Newspaper Lamp

I love recycling or re-purposing everyday items, so when I came across this super cool idea by using newspapers, I just had to share!

You could use newspapers, paper flyers, or even that pile of printer paper with the report on it that went sideways!  Don't throw it out, get creative by upcycling.

Check out this video on how to make a newspaper lamp.


Take this One Step Further by Adding Fairy Lights Instead of a Single Bulb.

Make smaller ones and hang them as string lights with tiny fairy lights.  The thing I like about the modern fairy lights or twinkle lights is that they don't get hot.  This way no worries about heat.

But check out the video to see how they use old newspapers, a balloon and some glue and water to create this shape.

Awesome activity to do while watching TV or your favorite movie.  Grab a TV tray and get rolling.


I personally think they would look awesome as a string of lights. You could simply use a smaller balloon and then string them on the wall with twinkle lights (as above).

The last step is important, so don't skip it.  You need to mix white glue with water, to make a thicker paste to brush over the coils.  This will seal them and harden them.  You would never believe they started out as newspaper.

Instead of mixing white glue and water, you can get a product called "Modge Podge" that will do an even better job and make them shiny or mat, your choice.



Hopefully this project inspires you to recycle that pile of newspapers into something useful! There are a ton of ideas out there but I thought something for home decor was a great place to start.

Once you have created this round coil shape, you could build anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Clean Yellowed Pillows

 When changing my bedding, I started to notice the "yellowing" on my pillows when I took off the pillow cases. It turns out it is ...