How to Make a Fairy Garden from Broken Terra Cotta Pots - Fun DIY

As I tried to bring my garden back to life this year, I was thinking how cool it would be to add all kinds of new pots to the garden.  But if you check out the garden centers, they are super expensive.

I decided this year, I was going to put on my creative cap and find cheap ways to get a super cool flower pot garden on the cheap the DIY way.

I came across this idea for a fairy garden using broken flower pots.  Check it out.


So, don't throw out those broken terra cotta pots or any decorative ceramic pot, as you can reuse, and recycle especially when it comes to gardening.  Also check with the garden centers if they will give you any broken pots.  Worth asking!

If container gardening is your thing and you want to stand out a little bit and just enjoy your yard, then instead of spending a lot on the containers, keep your budget for the flowers, potting soil and accessories.

Fairy Gardens Are a Whimsical Way to Garden This Year

I thought this broken flower pot fairy garden would look awesome on a table.  Remember you can do this miniature sized too!  I just love the idea!

I also came across kits you can get to add to your Fairy Garden.  Check them out below.


I tried to find these fairy garden accessories in the garden center stores, but couldn't. I sourced these ones online with Amazon. I though what a super cool project this would be especially for smaller gardens, balcony, patio or deck.

Create a living magical fairy garden even with broken flower pots or terra cotta pots on the cheap.

Add these to your yard, and then if you are still feeling creative, why not make fairy mason jar candles.  I have a blog post on just how to make these on the cheap.
How to Make a Fairy Mason Jar Candle

I hope I have sparked some creative juices today!  Take a look around your house.  Anything and I mean anything can be used for container gardening outside.  As long as you can create drainage holes in the bottom, its all fair game!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Clean Yellowed Pillows

 When changing my bedding, I started to notice the "yellowing" on my pillows when I took off the pillow cases. It turns out it is ...