DIY Bird House From a Teapot - Upcycle Those Thrift Store Finds into Whimsical Houses for the Birds

Spring is almost upon us, and I thought I would add this post today to show you just what you can do with old teapots!

I have a couple that are no longer useful as they leak but I love the look of them.  Instead of throwing them away, you can get as creative as you want or a simple DIY and give those birds lots of places to live in your yard.

Check out this video and see just how easy and simple this project is, she films the birds happy in their new teapot home:


Is this not the cutest???

All they did was secure the teapot on its side with the handle facing upwards and the spout downwards (which is awesome for drainage if any water was to get in)  Such an awesome way to upcycle or repurpose teapots!

If you have trees you can secure them in, it will make for a natural habitat for them.  Some people like to hang them on shepherds hooks, but if you are using it as a bird house, it is best if it isn't dangling.

Has this Got You Excited to Head to the Thrift Store??

I know it has for me.  Many teapots have seen better days when it comes to actual tea making, as I have seen in the thrift store many a time, but for a birds house it will seem upscale!

I Love to Upcycle

If you don't like the idea of DIY but love the idea of unique bird houses that are simply different from the main stream ones in the stores, then check out these ideas on Amazon to either purchase or get your creative side growing!

Watering Can Bird House




You can create your own unique bird houses and feeders or you can shop online for ones that will add some whimsy to your yard. I was looking for houses and feeders that were simply "different" or unique to add some fun to the yard yet be useful.

You can also get Edible Bird Houses


The birds can eat and live in the same house. There are so many super cool ways to invite birds into your yard this year. Many you can do yourself such as the DIY bird house at the top of this article out of a teapot, or you can upcycle other containers.

Have some fun, recycle, upcycle and get creative in your yard this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Clean Yellowed Pillows

 When changing my bedding, I started to notice the "yellowing" on my pillows when I took off the pillow cases. It turns out it is ...