How to Make Pandora Style Paper Beads - Recycle Magazines and Papers

I love the Pandora style beads in my bracelet, but I must admit they are heavy.  I came across this video on just how to make the Pandora style beads using papers, such as magazines, newspapers or whatever you have and still look awesome and authentic without the weight.  Check it out:

This is such a cool project, and just looks more professional with the metal bead cores at each end.  You would never know they were paper.  I also found the triple thick glaze works well if you don't have the other supplies she uses.
She also uses a knitting needle to wrap the papers. You could use a small diameter piece of dowel wood, or a pencil.  Take a look around the house to see what you could use to wrap the papers.  Have some toothpicks on hand to for holding the bead.

Making Paper Beads

I used to make paper beads when I was a kid, but because they were so lightweight, they didn't stand up to wear and tear for very long.

I really love the idea of adding the bead cores to the ends.  This makes it easier to thread onto larger diameter bracelets and necklaces without the paper falling apart at the ends.

I personally prefer the Triple Thick Glaze for these projects as it adds a super shiny protective coat you simply brush on.  But you could also use clear nail polish or wood varnish if you have it.

Use for Bracelets and Necklaces

You could make a few of these beads and create awesome pendants, earrings and more.  This would be the perfect way to use up some old magazines as well as scraps of scrapbooking papers.  So don't throw anything out until you have tried this project.

You would never know these were paper beads to look at them.  They definitely have that European or Pandora style bead going on without the weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Clean Yellowed Pillows

 When changing my bedding, I started to notice the "yellowing" on my pillows when I took off the pillow cases. It turns out it is ...