DIY Cat Collar - How to Make Your Own Cat Collar - Cute Quick and on the Cheap

My cat Muffin, was still wearing her same collar from a few years ago, and I realized that it had lost its coloring and was actually rubbing on her neck too much and was pretty boring.

I went to purchase a new one for her and was surprised at how expensive they were!  She is an indoor cat so not likely to lose her's but I do have 2 outdoor cats that lose them in the yard as they are quick release.  This can get expensive.

I came across this video on just how to make your own cat collar and was hooked!  The supplies can be purchased online, and you could actually go into the business of making cat collars for friends and family.  Check it out.



You can personalize these to look awesome with as much bling as you want.  Or with fancy ribbons instead of the elastic.  Either way check the video out and get inspired.  I also found that the clasps can be purchased online in bulk which is cheaper than the local craft shop.

These clasps are quick release, and I personally find using these along with an elastic based collar would work best for my 2 outdoor cats just in case they get stuck under the fence. The patterned elastic is also sold online below. I love the different patterns you can get in this elastic. You could make one for different events or just change them out for fun. Next you need to add some bling as she does in the video. I found all kinds of cool buttons online too. All you need is a needle and thread and some scissors, and you can quickly create your own DIY cat collars for much cheaper than the pet stores.

I quite often find really cool bits of bling and buttons in yard sales.  This is the perfect place to use them.  Just make sure they are not too heavy for your cat, or they will cause friction.

You could buy all these materials in bulk, and get super creative.  You don't have to use elastic, it could be some pretty awesome ribbon you have around the house.  I personally love the idea of the elastic in case my two outdoor cats get stuck somewhere and you can get lots of different patterns.

Start a Cat Collar Business

Sell them on ETSY or take orders, or simply create some awesome gifts for friends with cats.  It is nice to personalize you kitty with beautiful collars with bling instead of the plain ones many pet stores sell.

As you know I am an admitted CAT LADY and love to figure out deals when I can.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Clean Yellowed Pillows

 When changing my bedding, I started to notice the "yellowing" on my pillows when I took off the pillow cases. It turns out it is ...