Hat Rack DIY - Homemade Baseball Cap Holder - Awesome Project

As I was cleaning out the front closet for our upcoming move, I started an avalanche of baseball caps and hats of all descriptions.

My hubby would get them through work and from friends and as gifts and over the years he had built up quite a collection.

But storing them up on the closet shelf was not doing them any favors as some had been flattened.

DIY Baseball Cap Holder

I was looking for ways to store these in such a way that you could see them, display them and even wear them.  Not only would this get them where you could see them, but would free up valuable shelf space for other things.

Check out this Video:

Homemade Hat Rack

This system could be used for any hats or caps.  I love the idea of actually displaying them on the wall as many hats are beautiful.  This becomes what I call functional art!

You could use this for baseball caps too and place the clips closer together.  You can get super creative.  You can get most supplies in the hardware store or online such as with the bar clips.


Hat Holder - If you Don't Like DIY... 

If diy is not something you enjoy, or you don't have the wall space or your landlord is not thrilled with holes in the wall, there is another affordable option...



What I like about this product is the fact there is no damage to the door or wall.

It clips over the top of the door and under the bottom and doesn't get in the way. You can display your hats on a door or place them on the inside of a closet door. Easy to grab and use.

Hat Holder for Under 15 Bucks!

As I did my research I also discovered that sometimes you don't need to to diy, as the above product is affordable for all my hubby's baseball caps that he adores.

Also as of this writing there were over 2200 reviews!  Obviously a lot of people are looking for ways to store caps and hats.

✅ Cowboy Hat Rack



If cowboy hats are more your thing, you can get one of these hat holder for wall racks that will do the trick and show off your hats.

This style of hat rack is a bit more money, but I still found this type for under 20 bucks.  So using your hats and caps as displays will also double as artwork for your walls!

Baseball Cap Holder

For myself, I think I will skip the diy as I don't want any holes in the wall and go with the over the door and under the door rack.  This holds a lot of caps, and I can place this on the inside of any closet door.

This not only displays all the hats or caps, but will give me back some valuable room on the closet shelf.  Now hubby can see all the caps he owns.  A Win Win situation!

What if you Simply Want Storage and not Display for your Baseball Caps?

Maybe you don't want them all on display but want to keep them safe for a move, or simply to store to keep them clean and the dust off.



This bag can fit easily on the closet shelf, or under your bed.

This is a good option if you only want to display and wear a certain few of your hats or caps, but want to keep the special ones safe and clean. An affordable way to keep them neat, clean and tidy with a see through bag.

Many Options for a Hat Rack or Baseball Cap Holder

So, after my research I have now been educated to the fact that you can simply make your very own hat rack diy, or you can purchase specialty products that are affordable to store them properly, whether on display for all to see or simply easy to get off the inside closet door.  There is a way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Clean Yellowed Pillows

 When changing my bedding, I started to notice the "yellowing" on my pillows when I took off the pillow cases. It turns out it is ...